The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mr. SEO August 2006



I'm proud to announce that Rand Fishkin of SEOMoz is our first official Sexy SEO Boy of the month.

Lisa, from Bruce Clay was lucky enough to be seated next to Rand at the blogging panel at SES San Jose.

"I must be careful to maintain composure, Rand Fishkin and his yellow pumas are sitting four seats to my left."

Tell me about it! The thought of being so close to such SEO sexiness gives me butterflies. I don't know if I could handle being four seats away. It's kind of obvious why Rand makes me randy (sorry, couldn't help it), but in case you need reasons on why Rand is hot stuff:

1. It's in the genes
Mom and dad are a serious part of the SEOMoz mix. It's one thing to learn how to work the SERPs, it's another to have the genetics to naturally master it. Just think, if I were to marry Rand we'd have cute little SEO babies. We could decorate the nursery in fun primary colors, and baby's first word would be "gooo...gle" or something. Or maybe "yahoo" when baby has the sniffles. Sorry, I've gotten ahead of myself here, but you get the idea.

2. He says all the right things
I love guys who know how to give a compliment. Not your usual "nice backend (database work)" or "you're a 10 (SERP results winner)" type compliments either. Earlier this month, Rand shared some of his feelings about Danny Sullivan:

What I think is so incredible about Danny is his amazing ability to be down-to-earth. In a recent conversation, we spent almost an hour talking about making the decision to get married. Danny approached that topic with the same logic, empathy and tact that he does when talking about the latest Google foible. Unlike so many people in the business world, there's nothing two-faced about him - what you see is what you get, no matter the topic or the crowd.

I'm proud to say that Danny is the representative of my industry, proud to know him and grateful for his leadership. Without him, I think that the world of search marketing would be vastly changed for the worse. Danny's actually more than just a hero to me - he's a role model, someone I aspire to be.

Sigh. What I wouldn't give to hear Rand whisper sweet nothings in my ear about changing the search landscape, appealing to his feelings in a contextually relevant way... By the way, I'm assuming Danny and Rand aren't getting married (not that there's anything wrong with that), which could only lead me to the conclusion that Rand might be going off the market. No
Rand, no! I'm the one for you! I've got orange pumas and the same interest in search that fuels your fire. If you decide to ignore fate and walk down the aisle with that girl you live with though, good luck and congratulations. Just know she'll never be half the nerd I am!

3. He makes fashion statements
In a space where very few embrace their icon status, Rand proudly displays his trend-leading style. Madonna had crosses, Gwen Stefani has her red lipstick, Paris Hilton has STDs and Rand has the yellow pumas. Sure, lots of SEO guys have questionable haircuts (I think it makes a guy unique, don't change a thing!), but nothing Trump-esque that would stand out as a signature. Not wanting to compete in the questionable hair category, Rand takes it to the feet. It's just one more thing that makes him hot.

Congratulations to Rand of SEOmoz, or Sexy SEO Boy of the Month!

I'm too cheap to buy an award for you or anything, but email me and I'll buy you a drink - no link necessary. Just for fun: drinks for links


Technorati tags:
, ,


Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Risa B. said...

Hi SEO Fan Girl, I think this might be one of the funniest blog posts I ever read! I love your sense of humor! Are you taking nominations for Sexy SEO Boy of the Month? Risa

10:34 AM  
Blogger SEO Fangirl said...

Hi Risa!
I'm glad someone else appreciates the smoldering sexiness of the men of SEO. The Sexy SEO Boy of September is still undecided. Leave your suggestion to help decide, or email me at seofangirl@yahoo.com

Kiss Kiss,
SEO Fangirl

11:58 AM  
Blogger Risa B. said...

Hi SEO Fangirl,

I nominate Ammon Johns (Black_Knight at cre8asite forums). I knew about him years before Rand. I never met him, and I've only seen 2 pictures here and here. I've been a fan of his since he spent a lot of time helping me out 3 years ago with an external javascript problem.

(Sssshhhh...Just don't tell my husband and 3 young boys!)

Risa

8:53 PM  
Blogger sf girl said...

ROCK! I want the full 12 month (plus extra bonus pic) calendar when it comes out! Cant wait to see who's next :)

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEO FanGirl you are the best! This just had me rolling from the moment I stumbled upon it!

Perhaps we could all build our own pages, promoting who we'd want to be September's guy.

Personally I think Mikkel should be at the top of the list, since his suits are usually the first thing everyone looks for! :)

You can be you'll be seeing a few nominations from me!

10:58 AM  
Blogger SEO Fangirl said...

Thanks for the recommendations! As soon as there are enough to warrant a poll I'll be sure to put one up. So far everyone's on the right track - lot's of sexy SOers to choose from :-)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Mr SEO said...

I am MR SEO..lol How do others get to be named MR SEO?

6:05 AM  
Anonymous SEOMofo said...

seo august is a good article.

SEO

5:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Day is an annual pageant commemorating the beginning of Jesus Christ, observed in the main on December 25 as a religious and cultural birthday celebration among billions of people around the world. Christmas Clipart Free is the most important pageant in all over the world. people of all nations irrespective of their faith rejoice the Christmas with amusing and birthday party.

8:54 AM  
Blogger expo 2020 said...

I was able to clear a couple of doubts, for which I’m deeply thankful. It is rare that you come across such an insightful work. A big thumbs up from my side.

10:42 PM  
Blogger khalsa store said...

For a change, there is an article that focuses on a specific topic and is not all over the places. I like the fact that it is actually problem-solving and not just random and baseless subject. Great going!
punjabi mugs
mugs
lamps
electronics lamps
car hanging
key rings
punjabi keyrings
stikers
gurbani
guru sahib
katha
kids story books
bhai vir singh
music poetry kirtan
sikh & punjab history
gurudwaras
kara kadahi
turban training
shabd kirta jatha
gatka team
kabadi team
chola nishan sahib
dari accessories
beard accessories
dari/ beard accessories
kurta pajamai
chola
lohi
chadra
1984
turbans
turban
kirpan
sikh accessories




10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home