The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Randomness Vol. 2

I promise, sexy search guys appearing shortly. But first a few random musings.

Slippery Balls and Underperformance

The Superbowl on satellite is not anywhere as exciting as the network broadcast. While the bacon cheeseburger and fries made me feel at home in Paris, the commercial quality reminded me I wasn't. It's bad enough that da Bears lost (I still love you all, nobody else has a song and dance to celebrate the Superbowl and that counts for something), but add to that crappy UK commercials (I saw the US ones via AOL, and while they weren't exciting they were a LOT better than what was running on Sky) and super random commentary to replace the commercials.

How random is super random? Super random is Don Johnson doing commentary. Somehow Don Johnson being on Miami Vice makes him an expert on all things Miami, and even though he has no real sports experience, that's close enough since the game is in Miami. Was J-Lo busy? She knows a lot about Miami, and she could've offered commentary on the wardrobe choices. Probably would've required less time with hair and makeup too.

What was really fun was seeing the Japanese Action version of the Superbowl. The sound loop was either a few seconds ahead or behind (not even any consistency!) so no ones mouths matched their words.

Apparently the fan coverage was on a 1 year delay, since there were interviews with Cheeseheads and Steelers fans. Apparently the only requirement for giving expert commentary was the ability to name one (any one) NFL team. For all the sports geeks who have a fantasy football team, send me the name. Next year I'll go to London and convince them that your team made the playoffs and give some expert feedback.

Pork and Boobs

Apparently the National Pork Board has come to realize that this isn't as popular a combination as they first thought.

After flexing the power of the blogosphere, the NPB realized that it's harshly worded cease and desist letter was probably a bit over the top and is working with Jennifer Laycock to resolve the problem. I kind of wonder what the resolution is going to be. Are they going to take classes on parody? View pictures of pork and breasts so there's no future confusion?

Anyhow, I'm glad that bloggers have demonstrated the influence of common sense on the web (Team Nerd!)

Not that I'm completely against the pork people. I think it's time someone took a stand against all those perverted babies who won't stop grabbing their moms' chests. Who do they think they are, babies or something?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this blog. Especially the men! Come check out my site sometime: SEO Elite

12:39 PM  
Blogger james hill said...

Excellent content - as you always provide and inspires me to come again and again. You are on my RSS reader now.

By the way, there is one more valuable resource I’d like to share with others readers. It’s about getting No #1 ranking for any Keyword on MSN search engine almost instantly.

I won't waste any of your time because this is absolutely mind-blowing:

http://www.clickaudit.com/goto/?138371

I have no idea how these guys accomplished this...

Go… watch this free video.

http://www.clickaudit.com/goto/?138371

4:13 AM  
Blogger Joshua Cheong Renjie said...

This is a great resource. Oh btw, if you want to get in shape, let me know!

truth about six pack abs

8:36 AM  
Anonymous SEO Elite Review said...

Haha, what an enjoyable post to read! :)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Limeclicks said...

https://www.blogger.com/profile/15581108034469084847
Website behavior & analytics
with Rank Monitoring Software
See how visitors are really using your website
We believe in Simple, Creative & Flexible Tracking and Analysis.
14 Days free trial
Enrol today

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home