The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Wrapup

I feel like I've been living in meetings, and I've been requesting that invitations for social events come over in CSV files or PowerPoint format, so I'm happy to finally get to the last pictures from the last SES, which along with a few blogs, have kept things interesting for me.

Onto the final fun

On the same day as the lunch with all the Ladies I Love, I also organized a pizza party for the Studs of SEO, because they give me a warm fuzzy feeling, and I thought a good slice of Chicago style pizza would give them a warm greasy feeling (close enough).

Between lunch and pizza, I took some time to admire listen to Danny's keynote. I was okay until someone only two rows in front of me asked a question. If you'll notice from the 100% unretouched photo below, there's a search engine halo that surrounds Danny, and little beams of search sexiness that bounce off of him when he sheds light on some important conundrum (yes! I found a reason to say conundrum). I later introduced myself to Danny, who was nice enough to pretend like he likes the collages I do for him. I'm hoping to be called in as the official headshot designer for Search Engine Expo.



So after Danny got me to leave him alone by promising he'd try to make pizza, I ran into Rand and Rebecca in the lobby where they invited me to have some Chinese with Li Evans, Rob Kerry, David and Irma Wallace, Ken Jurina, David Temple, Ward Tongen (the real Fangirl) and other hot SEOs. Chinese, and pizza and two dinner gatherings full of search studs? I just couldn't turn it down.I thought Rebecca was with me when I was gushing about the black hat guys, but apparently her mind was on other things.

While Dinner #1 wrapped up on time, there were more SEOs than cab drivers that night, so the group ended up experiencing the joys of the Chicago Transit Authority. Lots of train stops, heat lamps that just manage to prevent your frostbite from going to hypothermia, cheese...

So, about half an hour after the start time, we finally made it to Pizzeria Due, which serves up delicious (had to stop myself from making that 2.0) Chicago style pizza from Pizzeria Uno (the original's in Chicago, if you have a franchise in your city). My heart started to warm not only at the thought of what Chinese and Chicago style pizza would do to it, but at the site of all the internet superstars in attendance.




There was Todd and search hottie to watch, Everett Sizemore. Todd's mind was definitely in other places (pick your favorite distraction), but Everett was happy to see me. I asked him to show me the search guns, but outside of the photos he sends his friends it seems he's a bit shy.


From left, Phil Maher, Rand the Man , Curtis Dueck, Ken "Some Guy" (I am somebody!) Jurina, Keith Levenson and Tony Wright


and at the other end of the table, Planet Andrea, David and Irma Wallace, Jen Sense, Mystery Man and Shoemoney. Even though Planet Andrea, Jen and Shoemoney aren't technically SEO stars, they appeal to my love of internet marketing stars in general. While she doesn't have the merchandising appeal or the cartoon rep, Jen does have a love for Disney and the name Jenstar appeals to my fondness of stars and hearts. (Email me Jen, I think I have an idea for the merchandising!)


And look, Shoemoney even got Cameron's mind away from Todd.

11 Comments:

Anonymous las vegas seo said...

Thanks for the sharing of such information for las vegas seo, we will post your article. Thanks Jeff las vegas seo

2:34 AM  
Anonymous SEO Services said...

Resources like the bromide you mentioned here will be absolutely advantageous to me! I last wishes as register a tie-up to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will locate that very much useful.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Seo forums said...

Good pictures. Keep sharing more and more..
Seo forums

9:29 PM  
Anonymous web hosting india said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post
regards...

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Indian cooking said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post regards….

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Indian cooking said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post regards….

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Automation Testing Framework said...

We appreciate your site.. Thanks

4:10 AM  
Anonymous lyric hearing aid said...

The blog is absolutely fantastic. Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need. Thanks.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Free Web Directories Links said...

Your article is very useful to me, to make my blog seo. Thanks.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous website development company said...

Wonderful, it is so nice for me to stand at such a great blog of my life, i am really glad to leave my comment here in very decent topic, thank you!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Voucher offer said...

Every website needs a software that checks Website Behaviour we offer you.
Website behavior & analytics
with Rank Monitoring Software
See how visitors are really using your website
We believe in Simple, Creative & Flexible Tracking and Analysis.
14 Days free trial
Enrol today

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home