The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Kiss without the makeup

Before I went to SES Chicago, Hawaii SEO Dave Zuls asked if introducing myself in person would be like KISS without the makeup. Well, I'm hoping I look a little bit better than Gene Simmons without makeup, but I do think there's something to be said for a public character.

I wanted to be fair to those who I've profiled, and give them a chance to throw tomatoes, processed cheese (what's with the cheese? Coming soon), etc. if they didn't like/agree with anything I posted.

However, there is something to be said for cute cartoon representatives. Walt Disney will always be a great animator, but people first fall in love with Mickey Mouse. I am not a great SEO humorist, but people probably find SEO Fangirl as a characrter more entertaining than the person who created her. So, if you really want to know who Fangirl is, ask the people in the pictures. At subsequent conferences they can point you to me (though there's not much of a risk of me being lost in the crowd) and I'd love for you to say hi.

Though it might be a bit more embarassing now that they know how to find me, there are plenty more Sexy SEOs I'll be spotlighting, lots more Ladies I Love, and the general shenanigans you've come to expect from the Men of SEO. As Jarrod from Text Link Brokers reminded me, there are plenty of SEO experts, but only one true SEO goof-off (aww, thanks Jarrod).

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Mark said...

Is the Cheese on eBay yet? I just had to ask. ;)

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEO Fangirl is tall, dark and beautiful. That's the only hint I will give you. Like she said, it wouldn't be difficult to pick her out of a crowd. And yes, SHE is a she. And no, she isn't Danny Sullivan.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Brian, if you like I can send you your own piece of cheese signed by yours truly. My God, what did
I start...

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home