The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fangirl Loves the Ladies

Even though this is the Men of SEO blog, I've gotten lots of comments asking why there are never any ladies featured on here. Well, for one it's the Men of SEO. Two, I want them all for myself. I'm happy to report on sexy SEOs, but I have to guard my collection of framed Flickr printouts and lifesized Matty C. cutout.

But I'm feeling generous, and just a little guilty. I've been away working on stuff that didn't give me much opportunity to enjoy the shear studliness of search guys. Professional design, gradients for that shiny 2.0 look, website architecture guides, writing articles, planning link campaigns - all that stuff I have to pretend to like in order to drool over the search hotties at conferences. And unlike Jim, I didn't even leave any fun links in my absence. So, I'll give you a few ladies I love (not in that way, not that there's anything wrong with that). They're listed in no particular order, and this may not be a regualr thing, but here goes...


Jill Whalen
Why is Jill a lady I love? She always looks happy about search. It's easy to get fired up about content vs. links or the viability of Web 2.0, the latest algorithm change, etc. I'm not sure which part of search marketing makes Jill smile (for me, it's the search studs, I'm just in SEO for the hunks. I'm sure Jill is less superficial), but it's contagious. So for spreading SEO help and smiles, Jill is an SEO lady I love.



Lisa Barone
I Googled and flickrd my fingers to the bone, and couldn't come up with a positively identifiable photo for Lisa, so my professional rendering will have to do. Lisa is responsible for the cool weekly recaps over at Bruce Clay, but that's not why I love her. She shares my love of sexy search boys and that's important. It's easy to get lost in the information about how to find links or create good content, but it takes a special girl to not overlook the smoldering fire that only a search nerd (and I mean that in the most flattering way) can deliver. Plus, if we bump into each other at an SES I think it would be fun to make popcorn and talk about who we were really looking at during the presentations.

I will say that I had a little bit of hesitation. I'm considering Lisa a lady I love on blind faith. Since I wasn't able to find anything, I started to think. No one has seen Lisa and Bruce C. together in a room at the same time. Is it possible that Lisa is really


Bruce Clay? Only because Bruce's stache looks like it would be pretty hard to hide, I moved onto another theory. Lisa may just be..... Mystery Guest!

Lisa and Rand recently traded a few kind words. Rand let it be known that she had the search goods, she said she was happy at Bruce Clay, but THEN there comes a post just a few hours ago where Rand mentions going to California. Bruce Clay's headquarters are in California, hmmm. Mystery Guest then puts in a challenge to fight for my Sexy SEO Boys (I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I'm not giving up on my goal of a Google themed nursery!).

So now that I'm mostly sure she's a lady, and that she may be a lady spending time with one of my favorite search studs (hi Rand ;-) ), I've decided Lisa B. is a lady I love.



Rebecca Kelley
Time to come clean. I like the SEOmoz blog a lot (I know, some of you are going "really? Could've fooled me!). Mostly because of Rand, and sometimes because of Gman (what can I say, I've got a weakness for bad boys), but Rebecca's a big part of it too. Even though there aren't nearly enough pictures of SEO guys, I always look forward to Rebecca's posts. Hiring a new person isn't my idea of exciting, but somehow Rebecca made it pretty darn funny. She also shares my skepticism of certain European foods (above picture), and a hometown that borders Lake Michigan (Detroit for her, Chicago for me).

But that's not why I love her. She's gone international to work with Sexy SEO Boy Ammon Johns, she's best friends with my homeboy Matt (still waiting on the picture, but trust me we're likethis), and she's probably had a spot of tea with Danny Sullivan. If for nothing else but the potential pictures she could take for me (psst... hey Rebecca, would you get a few of Ammon toiling away over a keyboard?) Rebecca is a lady I love.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Wow! I am honored and humbled!

Love you too, fangirl! [grin]

Jill

8:25 AM  
Blogger Risa B. said...

Another AWESOME blog post, Fangirl!! Risa

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home