The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September's Sexy SEO Boy of the Month is...


Mikkel deMib Svendsen

With an alias like "SEO Popstar" how could I resist? A hot stage name, of course, isn't enough to make sexy SEO boy of the month. For that honor, there has to be a certain je ne sais quoi. With no further hesitation, I'll now detail exactly why Mikkel is the Sexy SEO Boy of September.

1. He's descended from pop stars, or at least people who look like them.



Okay, so I'm not sure that he's actually related, but in looking at a picture of Mikkel, I noticed a resmblance to Joey McIntyre, formerly of pop group New Kids on the Block. Apparently there were some attempts at Broadway, and a solo album, but no one seems to know what Joey's up to now. Hmmm, could he have decided to embark on a career doing something really sexy? Something like SEO? There's no documented evidence of Joey relocating to Denmark and assuming a new identity, but I think there are too many similarities to ignore.


Then there's the wardrobe. Mikkel always catches the ladies' eyes with his rockstar suits and shades. So much in fact that this guy, who pays homage to a different pop star, has borrowed the look to make himself more successful. Smart move. I think he pulls it off, but we all know who started the orange suit trend.

So in fashion, as in search marketing, while others imitate Mikkel innovates.

2. He plays hard to get

Despite his pop star status, Mikkel seems to have escaped much of the flickrazzi. He jet sets with the best of them, and works the engines in at least two languages that I know of, yet he has a relatively low profile when it comes to fan photo postings. I had to sniff around Danish sites, and dig into the archives of others to find enough images to start a decent scrapbook, but that only made me love Mikkel more.

What type of fangirl would I be if I couldn't refine my searches beyond 2 or 3 words? If I expected to find any gems to lust over, I'd have to show what I'm made of. While I do like flattery and being pursued (see Sexy SEO Boy of the Month Runner Up), there's something to be said for having to put in a little work to get my guy.

3. He's not afraid of a challenge

Ugly HTML site with no content? Well that's easy to fix. Dynamic beast of a site operating off of a database with no regard for spiders? While most optimizers worth their salt wouldn't back down from this challenge, Mikkel specializes in it. There weren't any knock down drag out fights for the title of Sexy SEO Boy of the Month or anything, but if there were I imagine MDS would have been a pretty tough opponent.

And sometimes that's important. What if someone tried to dirty my name in the SERPs? Knowing that a guy can defend my honor and not be intimidated by any flashy, dynamic challenges thrown at him is important

Congratulations to Mikkel, the official Sexy SEO Boy of September, who due to my moving will serve out his term in November.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!

So are you going to present them with little plaques at SES Chicago? Maybe Danny could set up a lunch time awards ceremony. LOL

7:48 AM  
Blogger SEO Fangirl said...

I'm going to do my best to make it back across the Atlantic for SES Chicago.

I like the idea of an awards ceremony - maybe little heart shaped crystal paperweights with pink glitter or something :-)

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEO Fangirl,

I was looking at your blog post
about search engine consultants .

You can now place a link to
your website on our website for free. See:

http://www.thefreeadforum.com


We get over 18,000 visitors per day.
Many search under search engine consultants .

We have a special category for search engine consultants
in our search engine friendly directory.
Your listing will be spidered by the search
engines under search engine consultants .

We hope you find this to be a
good opportunity for some free
advertising.


Good luck,

John,

http://www.thefreeadforum.com
The Free Advertising Forum..

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Tom Ford said...

Congracs to Mikkel for the nice award ;D
Sexy Seo boy... That one was new to me hehe. But it is a really funny way to take something that many finds "boring" into a new level of modern reality shows ;)

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Henning said...

Great award

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home