The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Big Daddy!

Once in a while, a man of SEO does something to grab my little pixilated heart and really set it aflutter. Last week, the coolest guy on the planet partnered with internet marketing buddy Andy Jenkins to introduce search engine optimization to the niches (much better than the masses).

I'm not one to cheat - search guys are generally the hottest things out there when it comes to internet marketing - but I get butterflies when I see men tackling multiple methods of promotion. Slightly mysterious, they hit out of nowhere and really shake things up. Next thing you know, you wake up in the morning and either go "how could (my top search results) leave like that? I thought I had something!" or you're so happy with the rock and roll that you start planning for the future.

That type of performance isn't easy to duplicate, so when I recognized it in this guy, I had to honor him with a different type of recognition. So, it is my great honor to introduce my inaugural Big Daddy honoree, Brad Fallon.


Some of you are like "yeah! The SEO Expert - I know him" and some of you are like "who? I've never seen him at SES"

But why exactly is Brad such a sexy SEO boy that he gets the added honor of Big Daddy? Check back next week... Hah! I wouldn't leave you hanging.

1. Talk nerdy to me!

A little while ago I was browsing for something to listen to late at night, to stay motivated while I made travel arrangements for conferences, hassled guys on MySpace for links (instead of drinks), etc. There are podcasts out there, but I really liked a little show I found called SEO Radio. Brad would grill various people in the search and online marketing world, and it was almost too hot for me to handle, but I found myself going back to the archives for more. One of the ladies I love (not in that way, not that there's anything wrong with that), Jill Whalen was one of the first guests. With heavy hitters like that, how could I resist? Every week, it's a different guest letting out a hot little search secret.

It's always great to read what someone has to say, but it's even sexier to hear them too.

2. It's the same ol' position

When you're on top, that's a very good thing. Shakeups, dances, filter changes, algorithm adjustments... whatever you call them, don't seem to have changed much with Brad. There are several other sexy (and savvy) SEOs who've figured out that the latest trick of the day only keeps you at number one for a similar time period.

What I really love though, are Brad's fans. In an industry where NDAs abound, and no one wants to tell anyone what you did for them, this sexy SEO Boy has devotees willing to play defense AND offense when it comes to sticking up for their #1. And on video no less! Hot.

3. He's part of the Mile High SEO in the Sky Club



I like a guy with some outside ambitions. While I usually go for the popstar type, I think I see where Brad's going with the flight training. This is the type of surprise rise to the top I like. I'm probably letting the cat out of the bag, but I see a clear pattern. Obviously not content with being ahead of other sites in the SERPs, Brad's trying to get a head start on other SEOs when it comes to getting on the Googlejet. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?

While I'm drooling over Larry and Sergey on the ground, Brad's trying to get at them from the friendly skies where there's much less competition. Pardon me while I sign up for flight attendant school.

4. Can I Have Your Number?

Brad and Andy are tight lipped, but apparently their SEO training program sold out in a few days and broke "launch" history. For those who don't step over into the world of the independent marketers, the launch usually refers to the weeks-months long buildup til the release of a service/product. The most famous of these grossed about $1 million in one day, on the day of the release. So, if they're breaking records, that's at least $1,000,001. Not that making a lot of money makes a guy hotter... Who am I kidding, it does (unless said money came from some questionable activity - then the guy's hot and mysterious ;)).

But among plenty of SEOs who are surely worth their links in gold, why does that stand out? Well, the $1,000,001 didn't come from one big client. In fact, it seems most of the people who signed up for Round 1 of the program are small site-owners. While a lot of search optimizers wouldn't give their budgets an auto-response, Brad was able to combine their value for a pretty nice payday.

5. Might be related to




former SNL guy Jimmy Fallon (Brad, can you get me tickets?)


For those reasons, and just because I'm a sucker for cute baby pictures, I'm proud to bestow the Big Daddy Pixel of Hotness in SEO on Brad Fallon.


Technorati tags: , , , ,

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

One of the ladies I love (not in that way, not that there's anything wrong with that), Jill Whalen was one of the first guests.

Does that mean I don't get to be one of the sexy SEOs of the month? :(

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEO Fangirl,

I took a look at your post
regarding search engine consulting .

You are invited to place a link to
your blog on our website for free. See:

http://www.thefreeadforum.com


We get over 18,000 visitors per day.
Many are looking for search engine consulting
related products and services.

We have a specific category for search engine consulting .
Your listing will be spidered by the search
engines under search engine consulting . Our pages
are made to be search engine friendly.
We hope you take a moment to take
advantage of this free advertising.

Cheers,

John

http://www.thefreeadforum.com
The Free Advertising Forum.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Effective erection enhancement gel said...

the blog is very refreshing,as it contains info. about online marketing and the content also looks interesting.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Penis enlargement pills said...

This is really rude, Poor guys I must say.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Niconot quit smoking pills said...

This is really an out of box thinking. Idea is unique and interesting.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Male Extra penis enhancement supplement review said...

That type of performance isn't easy to duplicate...:P

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Breast augmentation product said...

His work is out standing.It is really amazing work done by him.Actually there are little number of person like him.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous hcg buy online said...

It contains info. about online marketing and the content also looks interesting. How to burn 3500 to 4000 calories of stored fat and LOSING UP 1 to 2 POUNDS A DAY...

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Trichozed prevent hair loss pills said...

Salute to big daddy . He is the Boss . :)

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Maxocum best sperm pills said...

While a lot of search optimizers wouldn't give their budgets an auto-response, Brad was able to combine their value for a pretty nice payday.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Increase low sex drive in women said...

Slightly mysterious, they hit out of nowhere and really shake things up. Next thing you know, you wake up in the morning.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Recumbent exercise bike reviews said...

You have nice ides about SEO but its a little bit hard to go to the top

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Celebrity News said...

I am so happy for you that you have so many visitors and hope that your next articles will be as great as this one.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Plaque attack for dogs said...

I never thought that these blogs could be so informative. I appreaciate what you are doing here for us man.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous NeosizeXL natural penis growth pills said...

i get lots of info from your blog..i just want to share with you about our services

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home