The Men of SEO

A fan blog devoted to the men of SEO. Making search engine optimization sexier and more entertaining.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sexy SEO Boy of October

Ammon Johns

is October's Sexy SEO Boy of the Month

Anyone who's hung around the cre8asite forums is familiar with this search stud. Recently celebrating his fabulous fortieth birthday, Ammon's search strategies can only get sexier with age and experience.

But as you know, it takes more than a little experience to make SEO Sexy. It's time we stop viewing these guys as just search objects and appreciate their broader appeal. To do my part, I present 3 reasons why Sir Johns is October's stud of the month.

1. He's open to interns

For readers who know my background, I’m sure you can appreciate my excitement. I have spent a decade supporting and mentoring new talent in forums and via private communications. My years as an unpaid administrator at Cre8asite, trying to help webmasters, marketers and new SEOs get the same passion for SEO that I have, make this feel like the culmination of my efforts, and my joy in teaching.

While US politicians are busy getting in trouble for offering different kinds of hand on experience to interns, Ammon seems to have developed a program with real value. For an entire month, interns have the chance to eat sleep, sleep and breathe search. How to become a hot optimizer isn't mentioned as an offering, but do you really think that won't be picked up after some time with Ammon?

And while I don't think there will be any lurid emails detailing secret cloaking fantasies, or any other kind of inappropriate behavior with impressionable interns, I can always hope.

2. Has some pretty cool partners in crime


Okay, crime if you count stealing into the top 10 a crime, but it sounds cooler than partners in search. I saw this picture and couldn't help notice a resemblance to a certain on screen ensemble. It's like Ocean's 11 for net nerds. I'd totally be the first one in line if Hollywood ever made this happen on screen for real

3. Star Style

Once you get past the substance - well planned long term marketing results, recommendations for linkable content, generous advice to new and experienced optimizers alike - you realize all that stuff is good, but it isn't what gives Ammon that je ne sais quoi. For that, you have to swim towards the shallow end of the pool and ask yourself "but what makes him hot?" For me, this picture answered the question. I immediately thought of George Michael in the pre-Idon'thaveaproblem,I'mjustsleepy days when everyone had a lot of Faith in his sexiness. Despite the similar star styles, Ammon seems to have steered clear of anything that would cause him to nod off at the wheel of a campaign.

:in my best Marilyn Monroe voice: Happy Birthday Mr. Black Knight!

Technorati tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ammon is something else...but you haven't seen anything till you see Wit!!!!!!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Buddy... he's Damn....

'specially in that Orange T Shirt...

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am 100% certain that it is Ammon writing this information!! ;)

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ammon Urghh, I now truly doubt your taste, goodness who knows what other filthy antics you get up to at the weekend.

Also isn't that a picture of George Micheal, are you insinuating he bats for the other team, I'd always thought that might be the case judging by that weird leather coat and dodgy haircut.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Surely you meant to post this on?
http://www.mingers.com/minger_of_the_week.aspx

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

\"1. He\'s open to interns\"

6:27 AM  
Blogger SEO Fangirl said...

Wow, I think Ammon's generated more strong reactions than any of my other picks. Agree or disagree, I think that says something for his sexiness.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa Ditlefsen said...

hiya SEOfangirl! This site really made me laugh, got here from SEOmoz. You have really put some thought into this, excellent work =)

cheers

5:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome #EvergreenContent! Totally still relevant today!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home